There are billions of streaming videos on YouTube, but occasionally you might want to download some of them for offline watching.
There isn’t a download button, though, so you can’t save them to your computer. This is strange because you can download YouTube videos to your smartphone and watch them offline using the YouTube mobile app.
Fortunately, you may download YouTube videos using one of the many third-party services available. There are various apps to download from YouTube.
The two methods for downloading YouTube videos to your computer are listed below.
Choose a Downloading Tool/Converter.
Choose the finest YouTube downloading tool first.
The Windows, Mac, and Linux-compatible 4K Video Downloader has fantastic features including batch downloading, playlist saving, and downloads in 720p, 1080p, and 4K. Additionally, you can get subtitles from YouTube in more than 50 different languages.
Try 4K Video Downloader risk-free for 14 days and receive a refund.
Although there are several alternative tools available, the commercial versions offer much superior quality even though there are some decent free tools.
The Features/Qualities of a Good YouTube Downloading Tool:
1. Video Quality – For optimal viewing, the converted file must have standard video quality. The video quality ought to be something you can control, ideally. Low, medium, or high are all possible. If you have the option to select a particular video resolution, such as 360p, 720p, 1080p, and others, the better.
2. Subtitles – We all enjoy watching videos that are available in multiple languages. When playing it on YouTube or YouTube Premium, subtitles are absolutely necessary. You should download those specific videos and the subtitles, logically.
3. Batch downloading: Depending on the playlists from YouTube channels, you can as well download the files one at a time or in bulk, which ever you prefer. Downloading a band’s complete career is a good idea if you enjoy them. You might wish to acquire a director’s full filmography if you enjoy their work.
VLC Media Player YouTube video downloading instructions
Using the free VLC Media Player program, you may stream music and films from your Mac or PC. It’s possible that you already have it set up on your computer. The apps to download videos from Youtube
You can use it to download any YouTube video even if it will take some time.
1. Locate and copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to download.
2. Launch VLC. On your PC, click Media in the top menu, then click Network Stream. On a Mac, select File, followed by Open Network from the top menu.
3. Click the Network tab in the pop-up that appears, paste the URL of the YouTube video in the text box at the top, and then click Play or Open at the bottom.
4. The YouTube video will start playing after a brief delay. It will take longer for a lengthier YouTube video to load.
5. On a PC, select Tools from the top menu, followed by Media Information. On a Mac, select Media Information from the top menu after selecting Window.
6. Double-click the URL in the Location text box at the bottom of the “Media Information” pop-up to select it, and then copy it.
7. Return to your web browser and paste the URL into the text box at the top of the screen. Then, on a PC or Mac, press the Enter or Return key.
8. A page with just the video playing will be brought up for you. In the bottom right corner, click the three vertical dots, then select Download.
Your computer will download the video as an.MP4 file. You can give it a name and put it wherever you want.
How to save YouTube videos to a phone
The simplest way to watch YouTube videos offline is to download them using the mobile app on your smartphone and apps to download from YouTube.
1. Launch the YouTube application on your iOS or Android device.
2. Look for the video you want to download and watch later.
3. Press the Download icon.