Regular medical check-ups include a number of physical and mental checks, making sure that your body and mind are fit and fine. These check-ups are known as full body check-ups for this reason – because they examine you from head to toe, almost literally.
Regular check-ups can help find potential health issues before they become a problem. When you see your doctor regularly, they are able to detect health conditions or diseases early. Early detection gives you the best chance for getting the right treatment quickly, avoiding any complications. By getting the correct health services, screenings, and treatment you are taking important steps toward living a longer, healthier life.
The benefits of regular check-ups include:
1. Reduce your risk of getting sick
2. Detect potentially life-threatening health conditions or diseases early
3. Increase chances for treatment and cure
4. Limit risk of complications by closely monitoring existing conditions
5. Increase lifespan and improve health
6. Reduce healthcare costs over time by avoiding costly medical services
7. Form a good partnership with the doctor so treatment can be more efficient
8. Get updated on new medical information or technologies that are available
A general medical check-up will include the following;• An evaluation of the person’s eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and throat• Using a stethoscope to examine and listen to the heart, lungs, and bowels• Checking different parts of the body for unusual lumps in the abdomen, and feeling the lymph nodes in the neck, underarms, or groin• Getting the person’s height and weight measurements• Blood pressure checks to know if it is normal, high, or low• Laboratory tests such as complete blood count (CBC) to check for various conditions, a blood test to check cholesterol and glucose levels, and urinalysis to monitor kidney and urinary tract health.
We are requested to get regular check-ups to help stay on top of our health.